According to a recent survey, 61% of travelers say that the pandemic has made them want to travel more sustainably in the future. For those visiting Los Angeles, the Luskin Hotel is a prime choice. From the onset, the Luskin Hotel was built with sustainability in mind. Some might say it’s in our DNA – starting with the building materials and expanding to touch every facet of our facility and operations.
Here are just six reasons why we are one of the greenest hotels in Los Angeles and a popular choice for individual travelers, groups, teams and events of all kinds.
- In addition to our recently earned Green Seal certification, we are LEED platinum-certified, the highest designation given by the U.S. Green Building Council!
- Green building elements are everywhere.
- 10% of the building materials are comprised of recycled materials
- 10% were procured from within 500 miles
- All interior materials are low volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Half of the wood used is sourced from sustainably managed forests
- Roughly 90% of construction waste was diverted from landfill
- Our award-winning restaurant, Plateia, sources fresh, seasonal ingredients, with a minimum of 20% coming from sustainable, socially responsible and humane sources.
- A portion of our electricity is generated on-site at the UCLA Co-Generation Plant, which is partially fueled by carbon neutral bio-gas.
- Our guest rooms feature high-efficiency sinks, showers and toilets.
- We recycle all plastics, paper, cardboard, glass, aluminum and metal items and we compost all leftover food, food-soiled paper products and compostable room service containers.
Our planet is worth exploring and worth protecting, and we help travelers do both in sunny Southern California. We look forward to welcoming new and returning guests this fall and providing them with incredible hospitality, service and guest experience.